Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Own Little World of Insanity

So the one thing that my blog should have taught you by now is that I'm a little bit insane. I like to do things my own way and definitely live in a world all my own...the theme music here is FANTASTIC! Today I made Duckie literally laugh out loud when I brought home a collar and leash for our newest cat.

Yes, you read that correctly, I brought home a leash and collar for a CAT. She had unquestionably been an outdoor cat for some amount of time before she came to us and continues to try to dart outside whenever the door opens. I hate to see an animal unhappy and wanted to see if something simple could alleviate her forlorn looks out the window.

The first trick was giving her some kitty crunchy treats while I hooked the collar on her. If looks could actually say something, hers would have been hollering, “What the heck?!?! What do you think you're doing?!” (There would probably have been a few profanities thrown somewhere in there, too.) But she scarfed her treats down before she tried to scratch it off. The next step was hooking the leash to the collar...yeah, she attacked it as soon as it was attached. Rolling around on the floor, kicking at it, trying to paw it out of her way and giving me more dirty looks. When the door opened, she didn't even move towards it, Duckie had to pick her up and carry her outside because I was too busy sitting on the floor, laughing my tail off while I held onto the leash. Once she was placed on the grass she looked around, rolled in the grass, gave the leash an evil look and then lay down in perfect bliss.
I had to carry her back into the house after our playtime outside was over.

I had also picked up some new cat toys while I was in the pet aisle, now Pawsha is tearing around the house flying around the toys, coming back to them and knocking them clear across the room while our other two cats look at her like she has lost her mind. Zoe actually made the mistake of getting too close a couple of times and being pounced....I'm still laughing at Pawsha “attacking” Zoe from behind the curtain to the point that Zoe flew about 5 feet back across the room!!! I can see many little escapes to the outside with Pawsha in the future (and the other 2, also, if I thought they would let me get the leash on them)...who knew a kitty on a leash could bring so much happiness to not only her, but to me as well!?!

So tonight, the theme music in the Land of All Ducked Up is a laugh track and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

2 comments:

Selkie said...

You may want to try a harness as well - some of them have some great designs to fit cat bodies. Tasuki and Merlin were both harness trained - also less dangerous in terms of choking/strangling/jerking movements on the neck. :-)

All Ducked Up said...

We've done okay, so far, with just the collar, but I definitely want to get her the harness after she decided to try to catch a bunny the other night. LOL